Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) lemon slices
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) lime slices
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (1-inch-thick) pieces salmon fillet with skin (6 oz each)
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint, thinly sliced
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on the bottom of the grill, then light charcoal. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above the rack for 3 to 4 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes.
- Brush both sides of citrus slices with 1/2 tablespoon oil, then brush fish all over with 1 tablespoon oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Grill citrus slices, covered only if using a gas grill, on a lightly oiled grill rack, turning over once, until grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes total. Transfer citrus slices to a plate, then, if using a gas grill, reduce heat to moderate. Grill salmon, skin sides down, covered only if using a gas grill, until skin is crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn each piece of fish onto 1 side and grill for 1 minute. Turn over onto opposite side and grill until fish is just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer fish to a platter and keep warm, covered loosely with foil.
- Heat basil and mint in remaining 1/4 cup oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until herbs are just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve grill salmon fish with herbed oil and top with citrus slices.
Don’t forget to check out all our recipe curation at Food. We thank Epicurious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/grilled-salmon-with-basil-and-mint-109533