Check out Bulgogi aka Korean BBQ Beef one of the tasty BBQ recipes you must try.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 2 pounds thinly-sliced Angus beef (rib eye or top sirloin)
- 3 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced – optional
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons sugar ( or you can use 2 T sugar 2 T honey) Use more if not using Korean pear or apple
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or mirin
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons grated Korean/Asian pear
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces potato starch noodles (soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and drained)
- 3 scallions
- 1 pack enoki mushrooms (stems removed)
- 2 cups water, dashima broth, or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- If using packaged pre-sliced meat, separate the slices. Remove any excess blood from the pre-sliced meat using paper towels.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl
- Place the meat and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the marinade and toss gently to combine everything well. Marinate the meat for 30 minutes to an hour, up to overnight.
- Grilling: Grill the meat on a charcoal hk with lotus grill or gas grill or pan fry in a skillet over high heat until slightly caramelized. If pan searing, preheat the pan nice and hot and cook the meat until slightly caramelized. Do not crowd the skillet.
- OR Stir-frying: Preheat the pan, and add the meat over high meat. You can crowd the pan to generate some liquid and let the meat cook in its own juice. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Use all the marinade if you want some sauce at the end
- Thinly slice the scallions. Season 2 cups of water or broth with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Heat the pan, and add the bulgogi and top it with the scallions and mushrooms. Add about half of the broth around the edges of the pan. Add more when the liquid level goes down as you cook.
We thank “Korean Bapsang” for the recipe.
Original Recipe Link – https://www.koreanbapsang.com/bulgogi-korean-bbq-beef