Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 16 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 thick cut bacon strips
- 1 cup sweet BBQ sauce
- 2/3 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to medium or medium-low heat. (Between 300-350 degrees F.) Cut the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch bite-sized pieces. Then cut the bacon into 3/4 inch strips. Alternate threading the chicken and bacon onto 8 skewers, leaving a bare handle on one end of each skewer. Sprinkle the chicken skewers with salt and pepper.
- Place the bbq sauce, Musselman’s Apple Butter and chipotle peppers in the blender. Puree until smooth.
- Grill the chicken skewers for 4 minutes per side. Then brush the skewers with the chipotle apple bbq sauce and grill another 3-4 minutes per side, until the edges of the bacon is crisp, but not burned. Serve warm.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Thread the skewers with chicken and bacon, then puree the bbq sauce as directed above. Lay the chicken skewers on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and brush well with the bbq sauce. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges of the bacon are crispy.
We thank A spicy perspective for the recipe