Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 c all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 c beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 cod fillets (6 oz each)
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c 2% milk
- 2 c crushed unsalted top saltines (about 40)
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Start with ½ cup of flour in a shallow bowl.
- Next, make the batter. In a separate bowl, mix ½ cup cornstarch, 1½ teaspoons baking powder, ¾ teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning, ¼ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon cayenne, and just ½ cup flour until well combined. Stir in ½ cup milk and ⅓ cup beer until smooth.
- Then, crush up 2 cups of saltine crackers and place them in a third shallow bowl.
- Coat the cod fillets with flour. Then dip in batter. Then coat with crackers.
- Place cooking oil in your battered fish Fryer, and heat to 375º. (We recommend oil with a high smoke point such as peanut oil or canola oil.)
Don’t forget to check out all our recipe curation at Food. We thank The Nexgrillf for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://nexgrill.com/blogs/recipes/crispy-beer-battered-fish