Preparation time: 15 mins
Recipe 中文 Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 – 2 ½ lbs chicken ( boneless, skin-less chicken thighs)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ Tablespoon sliced fresh Ginger
- ¼ C sriracha sauce
- ¼ C fish sauce
- ½ C brown sugar
- ¼ C rice wine vinegar
- ⅛ C vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Amino
- ¼ C Sambal Olek (red chili paste) plus 1 -2 T more for extra spicy.
- 8–10 Pre-soaked Skewers ( optional)
- Garnish Options: crushed roasted Peanuts, fresh mint leaves, sliced scallions
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (to skewer) or leave whole and place them in a gallon zip lock bag or bowl.
- Place the rest of the ingredients, except SambalOlek ( or red chili paste) in a blender, and blend until smooth. Stir in chili paste, to combine. Pour marinade over the chicken and marinate for 15 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to med-high.
- Skewer Chicken ( or leave whole)
- Pour the leftover marinade into a small pot, bring to a simmer, and simmer on low for 5-10 mins, until thickened and reduced. You will use it to baste the Chicken.
- Place chicken on a hot, preheated, greased grill. Cover. Cook 5 minutes or longer until deep grill marks appear. Turnover, baste, cover. Once you’ve got a good sear on both sides, and both sides are basted, turn heat to low, or move to upper rack and continue cooking through.
- Serve with Thai Crunch Salad, or garnish with fresh mint, scallions, and crushes roasted peanuts.
For more recipes, visit our food section. We thank Feasting At Home for this and the recipe link is https://www.feastingathome.com/grilled-sambal-chicken/