Preparation Time: 15 mins
recipe 中文Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Nine jumbo tiger shrimp de-veined raw with shell
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- optional: Toasted coconut flakes for garnishing
PINA COLADA MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice use leftover juice from cutting your pineapple
- 1 tsp sambal I like this brand
- zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add all the ingredients except the shrimp. Reserve a little bit for grilling later and then add shrimp, carefully mix to coat, then cover it and leave it for 30 min.
- Take a bamboo skewer that has been soaked in water for at least an hour, start to thread shrimp and fruit onto the skewers alternating ingredients.
- Turn on grill to medium-high. Once the grill is hot, add kebabs and cook for about 4 min on each side until fully cooked.
- Brush with a little of the reserved marinade onto the kebabs while cooking if you like to add some flavor and keep them from sticking to the grill.
We thank Health Nut Nutrition for the recipe. Original recipe link – https://www.healthnutnutrition.ca/2017/07/02/pineapple-shrimp-kebabs/