Innovations in technologies have let us, humans, reach out to the outside world at just one touch. The Internet is one of such achievements, which has improved over the period. The page loading speed has decreased a lot compared to the loading time, five years back. Still, there are some E-commerce sites out there, which are yet to reduce the page loading time again.
Nowadays, people don’t like to wait long for a page to load. They feel it is taking forever to open a website unless it’s sites like Amazon. As per research by Radware, the top 500 American retail sites are 16% slower than they were a year ago. The average page loading time has skipped up to 8.56 seconds from 7.36 seconds.
Another statistic said that a website loses around 25% of its online visitors due to its slow loading speed, which is one-fourth of their total customers. Some of our fellow companies, like CIMAC marketing, agree with these statistics.
The slowing of your website is mainly caused due to the following things:
1. A Limited-Capability CMS: Content Management Systems (CMS’s) are used for general web publishing purposes or e-commerce like Magento e-commerce development .There are hosted solutions available to speed up your sites, given by hosted e-commerce platforms in the networking business.
2. A Mediocre Web Host: e-commerce host needs to have trust-able high-performing servers and flexible enough to let you do changes when required. According to big commerce developer in San Francisco, some popular e-commerce web sites are GoDaddy, InMotion Hosting, BlueHost, etc.
3. A Large Number of DNS Lookups: The page loading speed is also decreased because of a large number of DNS (domain name system) lookups. Usually, there should take only one DNS lookup, but more than one DNS lookup is made due to the page being linked to different sites. These causes slow loading of the page. So, we should minimize the usage of external resources.
4. Too Many HTTP Requests: An HTTP request is needed every time the search engine requires a file. If the driver does this each time, it decreases the page loading speed. To get rid of this hindrance, enable Keep existing connections on your server, which will make the engine cable of sending multiple HTTP requests.
5. Not Using a PHP Accelerator: PHP accelerators increase the speed of PHP application, leading to making some improvement in the web page.
6. Not Using Gzip Compression: Gzip Compression compresses the site files while sending them to the search engine, which reduces the file’s size and shortens the loading time.
8. Broken Links on the Page: It is a hyperlink to a webpage that has no existence. These cause a waste of time while loading a page.
Don’t forget to check out all our blogs at News